Winery Tour at Ash Ridge
Our vineyard and winery walking tour takes you behind the scenes into the world of wine making – a true ‘grape to glass’ experience. Tours are once a day at 11am and are 2 hours long. Walk through the vineyard and winery with the winemaker to see the processes to get from grapes to bottled wine. Finish with a tutored tasting with six of our current wines.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting for attendees who are 18+ (verifiable by passport, NZDriving license or HANZ 18+ card)
- Free parking
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drink (available to purchase)
- WANT TO FIND OUT HOW WINE IS ACTUALLY MADE?
Our vineyard and winery walking tour gives a behind the scenes look at the whole process – a true ‘grape to glass’ experience; our relaxed, fun and informative tours take you behind the scenes.
What is involved?
Our tour consists of three parts:
• A walking tour through the vineyard, here we will discuss a year in the vineyard, going through the key steps that get us through to harvest.
• A walking tour of the winery, here we will discuss the main processes to get from grapes to bottled wine.
• A tutored tasting in the cellar, here we will go through the main aspects of how to taste wine, and run through a tasting of six wines.
We operate one tour per day starting promptly at 11am. (Please be here no later than 10:50am to register)
The tours are run daily from the 1st October through to Easter Monday, then the tours are closed for the winter season.
Each tour has a maximum of 12 people, ensuring a personal experience.
Tours take between 1.5 and 2 hours, approximately 1 hour is walking, so please wear appropriate footwear for the vineyard (enclosed shoes are essential, no open toe shoes will be permissable).
Departure Point :Ash Ridge Winery - Cellar Door
Departure Time :11:00am promptly
Please arrive no later than 10:50am to register
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants and children (12 and under) are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times (max one child per adult)
- Youths (under 18) can participate in the tour but will not be served alcohol
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years (persons under 25 must provide valid proof of age)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.