White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight from Tauranga
Enjoy an unforgettable helicopter flight over White Island, New Zealand's most active volcano. This flight will take a 70-minute flight over one of the world's most unique geological sites. While in flight, your pilot will explain points of interest. Maximum number of passengers is 9 on this small-group tour. This is a flight only and does not include landing on the crater.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Small-group tour
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off by request
What's excluded :
- White Island is an active volcano in the middle of the sea. Located 52 km off the Bay of Plenty coastline, White Island is a link in a chain of volcanoes called the Pacific Ring of Fire. Fly over the rugged, unspoiled coastline of this volcanic island, viewing moon-like surfaces, steaming craters, flocks of sea birds and sulphur-yellow landscapes. You will see the remains of the old sulphur works, destroyed by a White Island eruption.
During the flight, keep your eyes peeled for sea life such as schools of fish and dolphins. This is a flight only and does not include the crater landing and tour.
Departure Point :Tauranga Airport
Return Detail :Concludes at airport
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 8 years old and must weigh over 20kgs
- Flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to be confirmed. If wanting to book for 1 person we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers. You will need to contact tour operator for availability if booking for 1 person
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone for availability. Bookings within this time cannot be made online
- In accordance with CAA rules and regulations, we require all passengers to inform us of their accurate weight before any flight. For the purpose of aircraft weight, balance and safety, the maximum weight allowed per seat is 130kgs (286lbs)
- If you would like to be picked up from your hotel or cruise ship terminal instead of meeting at the meeting point, please advise your hotel information in the 'Special Requirements' section at time of booking so the supplier can arrange this with you.
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.