White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight and Crater Tour
Enjoy an unforgettable flight to White Island with a crater landing and tour. Fly from Tauranga to White Island. Then land and take a tour of the crater of New Zealand's most active volcano. See steaming and hissing vents, sulphur formations, and the crater lake.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Scenic helicopter flight
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (if advised at time of booking)
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to land and walk in the crater of New Zealand's most active volcano.
Words cannot express the experience that is walking on the active crater floor of White Island. The unique lunar landscape is an integral part of the Pacific ring of fire. This active volcano is located 52 kilometers off the Bay of Plenty coastline. White Island (or Whakaari as it was named by the Maori before Europeans arrived) is New Zealand’s most active volcano and was once home to factory workers who mined the Island for sulfur. Ruined remains of this hard life still exist today.
This continuously active volcano, with sulfur-lipped fumaroles, active volcanic vents, steaming Crater Lake, bubbling mud pools, hot streams and desolate mining ruins provides a surreal experience. You will feel like you are walking on a different planet. Tour ends at the original departure location.
Departure Point :142 Aerodrome Rd, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up only from local Hotels and Motels. No pickups from private addresses. We will pick you up 30 minutes prior to the time of your flight booking. e.g. 10 am pick up for 10.30 am flight.Look for Silver Toyota mini van.If coming off a cruise ship meet out the front of the port gates PortsPort of Tauranga
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not available for children under the age of 8 years and less than 20 kgs
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Maximum weight allowed per seat is 286lbs (130kg)
- If you would like to be picked up from your hotel or cruise ship terminal instead of meeting at the meeting point, please advise your hotel information in the 'Special Requirements' section at time of booking so the supplier can arrange this with you.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.