Whangamata and Waihi Gold Mine Helicopter Flight
Embark on a 40-minute journey flying along the coast to the isolated Coromandel town of Whangamata. See the wind swept beach of Matakana Island and the huge open cast Waihi Gold Mine. This small-group tour includes live commentary on board, headsets, Hotel/port pickup and drop-off if required.
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Fly past the iconic Mount Maunganui as we head along the coast to the isolated Coromandel town of Whangamata. You will see the wind swept beach of Matakana Island along with the vast inner Tauranga harbour. Once we arrive at the Coromandel Coast the beaches are replaced by towering cliffs and secluded bays. From Whangamata we head inland over bush and farm land to the Waihi Gold mine, at 260m deep and nearly 1km wide it is hard to miss. Our flight returns via the Tauranga harbour and Matakana farmlands.
Departure Point :Hanger 5, Tauranga Airport
Return Detail :Tauranga harbour and Matakana farmlands
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If wanting to book for 1 person we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers. You will need to contact us for availability if booking for 1 person
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone for availability. Bookings within this time cannot be made online.
- In accordance with CAA rules and regulations, we require all passengers to inform us of their accurate weight before any flight. For the purpose of aircraft weight, balance and safety, the maximum weight allowed per seat is 130kgs (286lbs)
- All flights are subject to weather and weight restrictions. If the pilot has any concerns, flights may be altered at their discretion
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.