West Coast Gannet Colony and Wine Tour from Auckland
Experience Auckland's stunning west coast black sand beaches, a popular location for some atmospheric movies. From November to March this tour visits the precarious nesting places of the gannet, on rocky outcrops with wild surf pounding below. Avid surfers ride the surrounding waves.
Passing through lush farmland, the tour then arrives at Auckland’s major wine growing region, to visit some of the top local vineyards and sample award winning wines. Lunch will be provided at either one of the wineries or a local cafe.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- Small-group tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What's included :
- Small-group tour including Lunch
- Wine tasting
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Heading west, this small group tour first visits the Arataki Visitor Centre for an overview of the Waitakere Ranges and views of the city from coast to coast.
The Arataki Centre provides information on the rich and varied history of this western part of Auckland.
Winding country roads then bring us to Auckland's stunning west coast black sand beaches.
Piha, with its temperamental surf and rocky fishing platforms is guarded by Lion Rock. There will be time to walk on to the black sand and to breathe in the sea air. Photo opportunities are also available from the lookout.
Continuing through lush farmland, the tour arrives at Auckland’s major wine growing region, to visit some of the top local vineyards such at Soljans and Matua Valley to sample some of their award winning wines and learn about the early vintners. Lunch will be provided at either one of the vineyards or a local country cafe.
If time permits, the tour also visits the nearby Hallertau Boutique Beer Brewery where tasting paddles may be sampled.
Departure Point :From centrally located Auckland hotels or cruise terminal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.