Wellington Walking City and Gourmet Shore Excursion
This tour will give you an in-depth look and taste of Wellington city, including visiting artisan producer businesses, and hearing all about the city's history, architecture, street art, culture and more. You will then conclude with a light two-course wine or craft beer-matched lunch at a top Wellington eatery with more time to chat to your local knowledgeable guide about what it's like living here.
We commence at 9.30am from the Wellington City iSite, and walk our way around many quarters of the city. There is approximately 90 minutes of walking broken up by delicious eats and drinks! We will finish around 2.30pm and ensure you're comfortable with navigation around the city for your remaining time with ideas on what is great to see while you're here, or we'll escort you back to the departure point right beside the ship shuttle.
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food tasting
- Light lunch matched with NZ wines or local craft beer
- Local professional guide
- Small group tour Information about Wellington's history, streetscapes, culture and more
- Entry/Admission - Zest Food Tours of New Zealand
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wellington i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 18/32 Manners Street Inside DOC Visitor Centre, Wellington 6011 New Zealand
The tour commences outside the Wellington iSite at 9.15am with introductions to your fellow guests, a little background on Wellington and Zest Food Tours, and some health and safety housekeeping before setting forth.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Zest Food Tours of New Zealand, 54 Monro Street, Seatoun, Wellington 6141 New Zealand
Zest Food Tours are part of the sustainable artisan and tourism story of Wellington. We take you behind the scenes of local food businesses beloved to Wellingtonians, to see and hear how the magic happens. From local coffee and chocolate to peanut butter, NZ native honey, a regional tasting platter and more, we will taste our way around the city before finishing with a light wine or craft beer matched lunch at a top Wellington eatery. Along the way we will weave the Wellington stories of our history, art, culture, architecture and what makes us tick.
As part of the sustainable story we pay all our tour partners for their time and products, and pay above the living wage. We also support food-related charities (Kaibosh Food Rescue and Eat My Lunch providing lunches to children in schools), so you are helping contribute to the sustainability of the region by touring with us.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :111 Wakefield St, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Dietary restrictions can be catered for if advised ahead of tour day
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately including comfortable walking shoes, coat or sunscreen
- Tours are not available on public holidays
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required - please contact us if you are a solo traveller to see what date(s) tours have already met the minimum numbers
- A maximum of 8 people per booking - please contact us if you wish to book for more than 8 people
- Private tours are available on request (for an additional supplement)
- Bi-lingual private tours are also available on request - Danish, Dutch, French, Chinese and German
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for persons in wheelchairs or with walking limitations
- Although Wellington City is flat, there are some steps and ramps on this tour
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - approximately 90 minutes all up (broken up by delicious eats and drinks!)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.