Wellington Full Day Tour
Wellington Full Day Tour
A fully escorted tour showcasing all of the best highlights of Wellington city and some of its outer suburbs. Among visiting iconic landmarks, the tour will also include a cafe lunch beside the sea, and the choice of taking either a guided tour of the Weta Workshop Studios, or for the nature lovers, a guided tour of our renowned wildlife sanctuary Zealandia.
• Mt Victoria lookout (360 views of Wellington)
• Ride on Iconic Wellington Cable Car
• Parliament Buildings (Beehive)
• Old St Paul's Cathedral
• Lady Norwood Rose Garden
• Rocky coastline
• Wahine Memorial
• Drive through downtown Wellington
• Lunch at a seaside cafe
• Weta Cave Tour or Zealandia Wildlife Sanctuary (tours are with a guide)
per adult from
387 to 420 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise ship pick up
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Lunch (main and drink)
- Small-group tour or private tour
- Tour escort/host
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Details of Tour:
Picturesque and unforgettably beautiful, Wellington is nestled around a sparkling, bustling harbour with residential housing extending up the sides of green valley hills. Voted the most liveable city in the world in 2017 and 2018, you will not be disappointed with your tour of our lovely city.
This tour will delight you with breath-taking scenic views and photo opportunities, along with the fun of experiencing first-hand some of our favourite tourist attractions.
You will be picked up from your meeting point and we will continue downtown past Te Papa and the QT hotel, seeing St Gerard’s church and monastery before we drive up to the top of Mount Victoria to see spectacular views of Wellington’s city and harbour. Have your cameras ready!
It is time to drive to Weta Studios on the Miramar Peninsula for your Lord of the Rings experience and Weta Workshop tour, where Weta Workshop guides will have many interesting surprises in store for you around the making of the Lord of the Rings and other films.You will also have a chance to purchase Lord of the Rings memorabilia (for any Tolkein fans) and more photo opportunities outside. If you pick the Zealandia Wildlife Tour you will not do the Weta Worshop tour.
At the conclusion of your Weta Workshop tour we have a table reserved at the popular local seaside cafe, where you can relax and enjoy some local kiwi cuisine from the menu.
After lunch we will drive past Peter Jackson’s house pass the local Wahine monument, where 52 people lost their lives on 10 April 1968 when the roll on/roll off ferry capsized on Barretts Reef (just a short distance from the shoreline) during a hurricane.
Continuing around the coastline, passing popular Oriental Bay is next on the list before we venture through the different parts of the inner city, ending up at the bottom of the iconic Wellington cable car (which first carried passengers in 1902).
After you have travelled to the top in the cable car and visited the quaint museum at that end, you will have more breath-taking panoramic views of the harbour and city. Then it is an easy stroll back down through the lovely Botanic and Lady Norwood Rose Gardens, before seeing Parliament Buildings and visiting Old St Paul’s Cathedral – one of the world’s best examples of Gothic Revival architecture.
You are then dropped off wherever you wish within the city centre or back to your cruise ship and we know you will take with you lasting fond memories of your visit to Wellington.
Included in your tour price:
• 7 hours’ duration approximately
• Cruise Ship or hotel pick up
• Iconic cable car ride tickets
• Either Weta Workshop Tour or Zealandia Wildlife Tour
• Lunch at seaside cafe accompanied by a glass of wine or drink of choice
Departure Point :Cruise Ship terminal or Wellington/Hutt Valley hotel
Return Detail :Cruise Ship
Hotel (Wellington or Hutt Valley)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.