Wanaka 4x4 Explorer
The Ultimate Lake and Mountain Adventure
Wanaka’s boat and 4×4 tour brings you the best of both worlds with views from the lake and land looking over remote islands and National Parks. From start to finish we are off the beaten path, no people, truly remote, truly stunning. The best place to enjoy the views and your gourmet picnic!
The 4 hour tour departs from the Wanaka Marina and includes a 20 minutes boat ride to and from the base of Mt. Burke where you and your guide board our 4x4.
per adult from
What's included :
- Gourmet Picnic
- Small-group tour, max of 5 per vehicle
- Exclusive acces to Mt. Burke Station
- Return boat trip.
- Snacks - Gourmet picnic
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your trip starts at the marina by boating up Lake Wanaka towards the head of Stevenson’s arm with tremendous views of glacier carved mountains, a constantly changing vista of steep walls and alpine peaks. We cruise past Stevenson’s Island to our landing point at the foot of Mt Burke.
Boarding our 4×4 Vehicle we climb above the lake, your view expands until all of Lake Wanaka lays before you in a stunning panorama of crystal clear blue water and the alpine peaks of Mount Aspiring National Park.
Take some time to enjoy the solitude and enjoy the best view in Wanaka! Your guide will give you an insight into the history of the farm station and the geology of the alps and some of the stories of the early settlers who sought farm land, gold and a better life here in the mountains of New Zealand.
We have 2 great gourmet picnic choices:
Morning Tea; a fine selection of fruit, slices & muffins accompanied by tea and plunger coffee.
Afternoon Tea; a fine selection of fruit, New Zealand cheese and crackers, accompanied by local Wine. (White, Rose or Red)
Of course we are more than happy to serve wine in the morning and coffee in the afternoon. Or provide a non alcoholic drink. We cater to any dietary requirements and provide a kids picnic as well.
We have daily departures at 9 am and 1 pm, allow 4 hours and don’t forget your camera. We have a maximum group size of 5 so you get the full attention of your kiwi guide.
Departure Point :Wanaka Marina on Lakeside Rd from the bigger jetty.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Please advise with your choice of picnic.
- There are no toilets on this tour.
- Please dress appropriately, it can be colder on the mountain so bring a jacket.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.