Waitomo-Hobbiton-Rotorua Experience Day Tour (From Auckland)
Tour Details & Highlights: ***Min. 2 people require for each booking***
• More sights in less time: Cover three New Zealand highlights in one day
• Guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
• Guided tour of the beautiful glow worms in Waitomo Caves
• View Rotorua's geysers, hot springs,Mud Pool and more
• Operates daily
• Departs: Hotel pickups from 6:30 am, Auckland city.
• Duration: 13 hrs, Return to Auckland about 8 pm & Rotorua Drop off about 4 pm
• Complimentary Hotel pick-up / drop-off available
• Scenic travel and commentary
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- Take a journey into the heart of the Central North Island, taking in the Waitomo Caves ,Hobbiton Movie Set and Geo thermal world of Rotorua on a full-day sightseeing tour. Setting off from Auckland, travel through the lush farmland of the Waikato and King Country region and geo thermal world, enjoying your guide's entertaining and informative commentary.
Take a guided tour of the famous Hobbiton Movie Set, located inside a picturesque 1,250 acre sheep and beef farm near Matamata. Here, the village of Hobbiton was carefully created in amazing detail as a film location for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie trilogies.
During your guided tour of this amazing location you'll see sights like Hobbit holes, the Mill and the Green Dragon Inn, and learn how farmland was transformed into a living, breathing piece of Middle-earth. After exploring Hobbiton, tuck into a delicious lunch at the Green Dragon Inn.
At the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, take a 45-minute guided tour through impressive underground caverns and learn how stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone structures were formed over millions of years. Your tour includes a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - glide silently along an underground river as you gaze at the twinkling glowworms overhead.
After visiting Waitomo and Hobbiton, continue to Rotorua, a geothermal wonderland of simmering mud pools,springs and spectacular geysers awaits visitors to Rotorua, a dream spot for sightseeing and a region steeped in Maori legend, history and culture. Its landscape is a mix of lush fields that support a thriving agricultural industry and beautiful lakes, and it seems everywhere steam rises from the ground, hinting at the active world beneath.
Tour concludes with hotel drop-off in Auckland or Rotorua.
Availability: If the Waitomo Caves tour cannot operate, a free upgrade to the Ruakuri Cave will be provided subject to availability. If the Ruakuri upgrade is provided, the Waitomo Caves portion is non refundable.
Departure Point :Auckland central
Departure Time :Pick-up:6;30 am Auckland
Drop off : Rotorua around 4 pm & Auckland around 8 pm
Return Detail :Complementary drop off at preferred locations in Auckland central.
Hotel Pickup :
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are required by law in NZ in private vehicles for children under 7 years. We recommend the same standard be applied for your child's safety and have them available in all vehicles
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.