Waitomo Caves and The Kiwi House Group Tour
A truly unique experience visiting the world-renowned Waitomo Caves. Experience a short boat trip to the Glow worm Grotto. Visit the Kiwi House in Otorohanga and try to spot the adorable flightless bird.
per adult from
Duration 6 hours
Pickup Hotel pickup available
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
Our accredited agent driver/guide will meet your group at the port gate & escort you to the vehicle in which you will be travelling. The driver/guide will have your name on a placard. Clients are also picked up from local accommodation.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Karapiro, Karapiro, Waikato Region, North Island
We will travel over the Kaimai Ranges, through verdant countryside & the historic rocks of the Hinuera Valley, stopping at Karapiro Lookout above Lake Karapiro, the home of NZ rowing. The journey to this point will take 45 minutes.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
On arrival at Waitomo, you will discover an underground labyrinth of ancient lime-stone caverns & formations.. Expert guides will give interesting & informative facts about the historic & geographic aspects of the caves. You will view spectacular stalagmites & stalactites in the “Cathedral” where the acoustics are so good that the Vienna Boys’ choir has recorded there. From the “Cathedral” you will take a short boat trip to the famed “Glow-worm Grotto” where you will see Arachnocampa Luminosa, which is unique to NZ.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park, 25 Alex Telfer Drive, Otorohanga 3900 New Zealand
The return trip of 2 hours is made via a different route to give an overview of the area. A stop is made at The Kiwi House, 15 minutes from the caves, in Otorohanga to view our flightless native bird.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the Port of Tauranga, the Tauranga airport & local accommodation.At the Port of Tauranga we will meet you at the port gate. Your name will be held up on a placard.Airports
- Tauranga Airport, Tauranga New Zealand
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.