Waitomo Caves and Rotorua attractions from Auckland
Travel in comfort as we whisk you away from Auckland city on this luxurious coach tour and discover some of the best things to do in New Zealand. On this Rotorua and Waitomo tour from Auckland you’ll travel through King’s Country to Waitomo Glowworm Caves before continuing to see geysers and bubbling mud pools in Rotorua. You'll also have the opportunity to learn about Māori culture in New Zealand in Te Puia and enjoy a unique New Zealand farm experience at the Agrodome Rotorua. This 12.5-hour tour includes round-trip travel from your Auckland hotel and the opportunity to upgrade your ticket to include the Skyline Gondola or Polynesian Spa.
per adult from
12 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at selected Auckland hotels (please check pick up times with your provider)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Wifi (subject to availability)
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Agrodome
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
o At the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, take a 45-minute guided tour through impressive underground caverns and learn how stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone structures were formed over millions of years. Your tour includes a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - glide silently along an underground river as you gaze at the twinkling glowworms overhead..
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Agrodome, 141 Western Rd, Ngongotaha, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
o Agrodome where you will tour an authentic working farm. You will the chance to hand-feed the animals, drive through an organic orchard and watch a sheep being shorn.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
o Te Puia is the centre for New Zealand Maori culture and geothermal wonders. You will encounter bubbling mud, pools of boiling water still used for cooking, and stunning geysers. The Pohutu geysers is the start of the show. You will learn of the Maori architecture tell their stories and displays their traditional Maori architecture, while viewing Heketanga-a-Rangi is an exciting contemporary structure. See the site of the ancient Te Puia pa (fortified village) and, at Pikirangi village find out how Maori lived hundreds of years ago.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :102 Hobson St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact supplier for pick up times from hotels. 649 5835790 or toll free within nz 0800 7444 87
Departure Time :7:20 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Multilingual headsets are available on request in Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.