Wairoa River Grade 5 Rafting Adventure from Rotorua
Take on the mighty Wairoa River in an adrenaline pumping rafting expedition you'll never forget!
The Grade 5 Wairoa River is renowned for having some of the best white water action in New Zealand.
Kaituna Cascades run the whole of the river including the bottom three rapids and the lower waterfall!
Hold on for dear life as you tackle 'Mothers Nightmare' which has a technical grade 4 rock garden, closely followed by a tight 2 metre drop.
Experience the thrill of 'The Rollercoaster' - consisting of the aptly named 'Devils Cauldron' and the breathtaking 'Bottom Drop'.
Feel the rush of 'The Waterfall' which has an awesome 3 metre drop into a churning pool of white water through the Wairoa Rivers boulder-strewn rock canyon.
Topped off with a small lunch and refreshments at the river!
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free Transport (with 9:30am trip)
- A small lunch and refreshments at the river
What's excluded :
- Shuttle service is not available for 1pm trip
- • Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours on Class 5 White Water
• Availability: 26 days per year, every Sunday during summer months, with some Spring and Autumn releases too.
• Times: Two trips per day 9.30am & 1pm.
• Transport:Free transport from Rotorua is provided for the 9:30am trip only. We will pick you up from your accommodation at 8:30am in Rotorua, and you will return by 2pm. For the 1pm trip please meet us out at the river location.
• What to bring: Sense of adventure, bathing suit / shorts and a towel.
• What we provide: Custom built rafts, wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets, paddles, fleece tops, wetsuit booties and splash jackets.
• Location: The river is located just outside Tauranga on highway 29, 15 minutes from Tauranga or 50 minutes from Rotorua.
• Conditions: 13+ years only.
• Fitness Level: A reasonable fitness level is required as this is a challenging river.
Departure Point :We will pick you up from your accommodation in Rotorua at 8:30am for the 9:30am trip - Please email us directly to arrange your pick up location - email@example.com If you are driving out to the river the meeting point for The Wairoa River is a grass paddock above the Power station (it has a wee driveway entrance on the river side of the road) in google maps it is - 1378 State hwy 29 - Tauranga. The meeting point is about an hours drive from Rotorua or 20 mins from Tauranga
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 13+ years old
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.