Waimangu Volcanic Valley Tour Option to add Hobbiton Wai-O-Tapu or Whakarewarewa
You can design your own ideal day! Experience the must-see geothermal wonders of Rotorua at the Waimangu Volcanic Valley. This convenient tour is fully customizable.
Waimangu is the world's youngest geothermal system. Discover how the world began. The home of spectacular volcanic craters & enormous hot water springs. Book Online Now! Native Bird Life. Pink & White Terraces. Rare & Unusual Plant Life. Enormous Hot Springs.
Your options include half or full-day tours to Waimangu. You can add on a number of other interesting natural and cultural attractions, choose from Wai-O-Tapu, Hobbiton movie set, Huka Falls or Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village Tour in the afternoon. (A Maori cultural village where you will enjoy a Hangi Lunch). Make the most of your time in the Rotorua area by mixing and matching the best options for you.
All tours include pickups, transport, entry into the attractions chosen and commentary from one of our legendary BALL team Driver-Guides.
per adult from
What's included :
- Flexibility to stay longer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Rotorua activity of choice (The Rotorua option you have selected at Check-out))
- Entry into Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Full day return trip from Rotorua including Waimangu Volcanic Village and Whakarewarewa The Living Maori Village. Arrives back in Rotorua 3:50 pm.
depart Rotorua 9:15 am with pickups from 8:45 am
Self-guided tour of Waimangu Volcanic Village ( 3 hours )
Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
Guided tour of the village. One hour.
Maori Cultural performance. Traditional song and dance. Experience the fearsome Haka. 30 minutes.
Whakarewarewa - 1:00 pm tour, 2:00 pm concert, no hangi
does not include Hangi
Good walking shoes with treaded soles are recommended for Waimangu.
Lunch not included but may be purchased from Waimangu Cafe or Hangi lunch from Whakarewarewa.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our main pick up point is Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre at 9:30.If you require hotel pick up at one of the locations listed please be waiting at 9:15am.
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you want to be picked up from a centrally located Rotorua accommodation please call us with your Viator voucher number so we can arrange that for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.