Wai-O-Tapu : Lady Knox Geyser : Champagne Lake : Polynesian Spa Resort: Combo Day Tour Rotorua
Combine two of Rotorua's most popular attractions on this full-day small group tour from Rotorua.
Begin with a drive through the lush countryside heading to the infamous Lady Knox Geyser which regularly erupts every day at 10:15AM.
After which Discover Wai-o-tapu !
New Zealand’s most colourful volcanic area with the opportunity to experience a geothermal wonderland of volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making,
Next the Polynesian Spa Resort!
Visit an internationally acclaimed spa facility, so you can pamper yourself in hot mineral pools, Enjoy this unique lakefront thermal spa experience - offering a wonderful fusion of relaxing hot mineral spring bathing, spa therapies and picturesque views of Lake Rotorua.
Pickup from your hotel or place of accomodation!
Transport is in a 2016/17 small group vehicle (no large groups or coaches)
What's included :
- Pickup and drop off in Rotorua
- Official Professional driver/guide
- Transport by 2017/18 air-conditioned Luxury minivan
What's excluded :
- Lunch is not Included
- This tour operates as a small group tour: which allows a more flexible, enjoyable day rather than large coach tours! With pick up from Rotorua accomodation in the morning, taking you to the first venue the Lady Knox Geyser!
At 10.15am each day there is the opportunity to learn the history and mechanics of the Lady Knox Geyser during a presentation by an informed guide in a natural amphitheatre.
It provides a unique opportunity to see a geyser in eruption to heights of 10 to 20 metres.
After which a short journey to Wia-o-tapu geothermal wonderland to experience volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making,
Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand. Clearly defined tracks provide the you with the opportunity to enjoy the diversity of this area through a series of different walks taking from 30 to 75 minutes or more, each with their own unique volcanic vistas to fascinate all ages.The nature of the reserve being an active volcanic area with undulating terrain.
There is the opportunity to enjoy lunch here along with photographic opportunities.
After Wai-o-tapu we travel to the Polynesian Spa to unlock nature’s gift in Rotorua. The Polynesian Spa is a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, discover why people have flocked to these waters since the 1800s.
Here you can experience the private elite facilities of the Polynesian Spa’s geothermal hot mineral waters, which are sourced from two natural springs and feed into 28 hot mineral pools.
The Priest Spring is named after Father Mahoney, a Catholic Priest who was ‘cured’ of his crippling arthritis from bathing in the waters in 1878. The slightly acidic water from the Priest Spring relieves tired muscles, aches and pains.
The Rachel Spring is a source of alkaline water, which features the antiseptic action of sodium silicate nourishing the skin. It was historically said that those who bathe in the waters of the Rachel Spring are blessed with ageless beauty
The combination of these two types of mineral waters is only found at Polynesian Spa.
Polynesian Spa is recognised as one of the top 10 spas in the world.
We leave The Polynesian Spa Resort to enjoy a highlights tour of Rotorua where we take you to some of Rotorua surrounding beautiful areas like the Redwoods Forest, The Blue and Green lake, Hamurana springs, and even a geothermal mineral foot-spa.
You will be returned back to your Hotel/Accommodation after a decadent day of discovery and luxury pleasures.
All of this with your own Driver/guide in a 2016/17 luxury small mini/van/vehicle.
Departure Point :Please be in the Hotel Lobby at the allocated time of Pick-up!If Air-bnb or private residence, please be at the entrance to the property to assist the driver to recognise which property you are staying at!
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Please note this is a small group day tour experience!
- Please be in the hotel lobby at the time allocated for pick-up
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.