Volcanic Valley Self Guided Walking and Hiking at Waimangu
Explore New Zealand’s geothermal landscapes at your own pace on this independent Waimangu hiking tour. Follow rugged hiking trails through the Waimangu region, and take in top natural attractions like Frying Pan Lake, Inferno Crater Lake, and Lake Rotomahana. Trek past the unique craters and steaming geysers, and capture the spectacular scenery on camera. At the end of your hike, return to your starting point via the shuttle bus.
What's included :
- Admission Fee for Self-Guided Walk
- Guide Sheet
- Internal Shuttle Bus
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Transport to/from attractions
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
Check in at the Waimangu Volcanic Valley and pick up your Wanderer Guide. You may also like to download the free Waimangu App.
Then follow the walking trails through the valley at your own pace. There are a number of different options to take depending on how much time and energy you have. Marvel at the stunning geothermal attractions as you learn about the history and legacy of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley, the Tarawera eruption and the now hidden Pink and White Terraces.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :587 Waimangu Road, Bay of Plenty 3073, New Zealand
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Passenger must provide their own carer.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers