Valley of the Vines Wine Tour (Afternoon) from Queenstown
Discover and savour our world-class Central Otago wines on the Valley of the Vines Afternoon Tour!
Wine-lovers are transported on a journey through the 'Valley of the Vines' to induldge in an afternoon of wine tastings and delicious local cheeses in the world's southernmost wine region.
Relax and unwind as you visit three renowned vineyards and wineries, experience a behind the scenes winery tour and immerse the senses in New Zealand’s largest wine cave.
Imbibe some of the best vintages on offer, and beyond the grape enjoy a shared cheese board at a latitude of 45° south, an unforgettable experience.
Created exclusively for adults only to ensure that the rest of the group experiences an unforgettable day.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Wine Tastings
- Winery & Wine Cave Tour
- Shared Cheese Board
- Bottled water
- Souvenir to take home and remember your day
- Local Guide
- Live commentary on board
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Indulge in wine tastings and delicious local cheeses in the stunning Valley of the Vines, located just 30 minutes from Queenstown in Gibbston Valley. This tour transports wine-lovers to one of Central Otago’s most scenic sub-regions to visit three renowned vineyards situated between rugged schist mountains and the rocky Kawarau River gorge.
The afternoon begins with a sensory, otherworldly experience in New Zealand’s largest wine cave, before imbibing some of the best vintages on offer in the sub-region of Gibbston Valley. Relax and unwind as you visit three renowned vineyards and wineries where you will sniff, swirl and savour over 12 wines including our famed Pinot Noir and other varietals.
Beyond the grape, a beautifully crafted cheese board is the perfect accompaniment to some delightful wine tastings. For serious cheese-lovers, this tour also stops at Gibbston Valley Cheese where you can indulge in sampling local artisan cheeses.
Your guide and cellar door staff have a wealth of knowledge about the history of this region’s world-class grapes and the unique growing environment and terroir of Gibbston Valley.
Departing from Queenstown with complimentary hotel transfers, the afternoon tour includes door-to-door travel in a fleet of stylish European vehicles, a friendly guide, a shared cheeseboard, the wine cave tour and wine tastings, as well as a complimentary souvenir to take home and remember your day.
Departure Point :The Station Building Duke St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 4 guests booked to operate the tour
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Small-group tour (maximum of 11 guests per tour)
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.