Ultimate full-day Movie Tour from Wellington
Combine our Valley and Wellington Movie Tours for this full-day tour of fun with Wellingtons biggest scenic Lord of the Rings filming location tour. Let us show you the sights of the Wellington region as we take you locations used for filming many famous Lord of the Rings scenes.
Helms Deep, Minas Tirith
Isengard, Gardens of Isengard, Hinged Trees of Isengard
Aragorn Washed Ashore
Weta Cave (and optional Weta Cave Workshop Tour)
Exclusive on-location movie clips included.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Exclusive on-location movie clips
- Entry/Admission - Adventure Safari
- Entry/Admission - Kaitoke Regional Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adventure Safari, Wellington New Zealand
Combining our Valley and Wellington movie tours for a full day of fun.
A Wellington sightseeing tour which includes many famous Lord of the Rings filming locations.
A picnic lunch at the Kaitoke Regional Park before enjoying Rivendell.
Mt Victoria with Hobbiton Woods.
Miramar - home to NZ's movie-making industry.
Weta Cave with optional Weta Cave Workshop Tour (WCWT cost extra).
Exclusive filming behind-the-scenes stories, movie clips and inside knowledge (when we are allowed to tell ;)
Duration: 8 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Kaitoke Regional Park Waterworks Road Entrance New Zealand
Swing bridge and bush walk at your leisure.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Mount Victoria, Alexandra Lookout Rd, Wellington 6001 New Zealand
Walk in the Hobbiton Woods. See where filming for Lord of the Rings began back on October 11, 1999.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :145 Wakefield St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.