Two-Hour Local Akaroa Sights with Port Pickup and Drop Off
Board your air-conditioned coach at the Akaroa Wharf and travel through Takamatua, Robinsons Bay, Duvauchelles and Barry's Bay. Enjoy cheese tasting at Barry's Bay Cheese Factory, before embarking on the ride up the hill to the Hill Top Tavern where you are welcome to purchase refreshments and snap photos of the breathtaking views of Akarao. Your tour coach driver will provide a full commentary on this two-hour tour.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This tour is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers with a desire for a short local tour, allowing free time to enjoy optional activities in Akaroa, shopping, wine and food.
On your arrival into Akaroa, please report to the Akaroa French Connection kiosk to receive your boarding pass. Then simply board your tour coach and prepare for a journey of a lifetime. Sit back, relax, and experience the magical wonders of Akaroa.
Your coach captain will provide an informative commentary of the local history of Akaroa as you depart and travel through Takamatua, Robinson’s Bay, Davauchelles and Barry’s Bay. Travel up the hill to the Hill Top Tavern and cast your eyes over the picturesque views of Akaroa.
Travel the renowned Summit Road around to Pigeon Bay Road with photo stops en-route as required (at least two).
• 11.30am depart Akaroa Wharf
• 1st stop – Barry’s Bay Cheese Factory – Approximately 20 minutes - enjoy a selection of traditional hand crafted cheeses from this award winning privately owned business.
• 2nd stop – Hill Top Tavern – Approximately 20-30 minutes – an opportunity to purchase refreshments and snap photos of the panoramic views.
• 1:30pm – Arrival at Akaroa Wharf – free time to enjoy local refreshments and activities before boarding your cruise ship.
Departure Point :Akaroa Wharf
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.