Tongariro River White Water Rafting Adventure
Rated by the Lonely Planet as 1 of 10 unmissable Aquatic New Zealand adventures in 2015 (The only rafting trip in the list). This half-day Tongariro River journey is truly a fantastic rafting adventure. The rapids are Grade Three, which makes this an ideal adventure for expert and first-time rafters alike. In 2.5 hours you navigate over 60 roller coaster rapids with an expert guide at the helm. A large part the top section of this trip can only be accessed by raft or kayak so you'll see plenty of spectacular unspoiled wilderness.
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only for 12.00pm and 2.00pm trips if option selected)
- Rafting and safety equipment
- Wetsuit, boots, fleece jacket, spray jacket, helmet and gloves when required.
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- You’ll start your unforgettable adventure with an on-shore safety briefing and paddle instructions with an experienced guide. You and the rest of the crew will then begin your white water rafting journey on grade 3 rapids – an ideal grade for experienced paddlers or first-time rafters.
In 2.5 hours you navigate over 60 heart-pounding, roller coaster rapids with an expert guide at the helm. Throughout the trip you’ll be treated to sights only accessed by raft.
Keep a look out for the elusive and native Blue Duck 'whio' that make these waters their home. Tongariro River Rafting is so dedicated to preserving the natural environment of the Tongariro River that they founded the Blue Duck Project – with the goal of returning the rare native Blue Duck to its traditional habitat along the Tongariro River.
Deli-style meal in the summer, granny’s soup & thermal soak in the winter.
Pick up from Taupo accommodation is available for 2pm trip in summer.
Departure Point :95 Atirau Rd, Turangi 3334, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from anywhere in the central Taupo or Turangi area on our afternoon trips. Pickups from Taupo are one hour before the trip time. Please let us know where you would like to be picked up from at the time of booking.
Departure Time :Summer: 9am and 2pm April 1st - 20th: 9am and 1pm Winter: 12pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All customers will be supplied with a wetsuit that must be worn when rafting
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.