Tongariro River Family Fun White Water Rafting from Turangi
Splash, crash and laugh with the best 3-hour adventure for families with younger children. Professionally guided and completely outfitted, spend up to 1.75-hours on the river rafting through 20-plus exciting but safe grade two rapids. Visit the National Trout Centre and feed the fish, enjoy hot chocolate and chocolate, swim in the pools and experience the beautiful Tongariro River. Back at base enjoy a hot shower followed by complimentary cold refreshments and a river dog (hot dog) while watching your trips photo's.
per adult from
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
What's included :
- Professional "Kiwi" River Guide
- Transport to and from the river
- Visit to the National Trout Centre
- On River Hot Chocolate and Chocolate
- Optional Cliff Jump
- Hot Showers
- Post trip cold Beer/Soda or Hot Mulled Wine
- Post trip River Dog (Hot Dog)
- Entry/Admission - Tongariro National Trout Centre
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Once welcomed and signed in, you will be taken through to a big back shed where all of the modern river equipment, heated changing rooms and clean toilets are housed. Here you will be welcomed to the base in Maori, and get a full explain of the gear and facilities, and be fully outfited in up-to-date river apparel. Once dressed for the river one of your professional 'Kiwi' river guides will give you a full safety briefing in the comfort of the shed before being loaded onto the vehicles for the 15-minute drive up to the river. During the drive to the river one of the guides will point out the many amazing landmarks along the way and tell you of the Maori history and myths and legends which associate with the area.
At the river, grab some great shots of you and the group and then your off on your adventure. You will raft over 8km's, through 20plus grade 2 rapids. On the second rapid of the trip your driver will be positioned on the river bank to snap some great action photo's of you. Halfway down the river the team will pull over to the National Trout Centre. Here, hop out of the rafts and visit the breeding pool for the baby trout. Enjoy some hot chocolate and chocolate and the kids can feed the fish. After the trout center visit, there is the opportunity for a cliff jump (optional/weather permitting). In total, spend approximately 1.75-hours on the river.
Once off the river, be transported back to the base for a hot shower. Once changed you come through to the comfortable shop space and enjoy a complimentary cold beer/soda or hot mulled wine as well as a river dog (hot dog) while viewing your trip photos.
Photo's, retail items and other adventure operator information, is available after the experience and one of river guides will be there to thank and farewell you good bye.
Departure Point :Rafting New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.