Three Day Classic
THIS IS WHY YOU CAME HERE! The best way to experience the Park...Our three day classic trip is the only trips to explore the northern reaches of the park.
Fully catered camping experiences where everything is supplied, you just need to bring your personal gear. We stay at beach front campsites in 2-person tents with thermarest mattresses.
The Abel Tasman Classic version of going bush...remote and spectacular coastline with a little luxury for good measure. You have travelled a long way to be here, these classic trips serve up everything that is special about the Abel Tasman National Park. Treat yourself to memories you’ll cherish for life.
Kayak the coastline from Totaranui to Marahau. Spacious and spectacular; the northern section is seldom visited by others. Immerse yourself in unique Abel Tasman experiences from paddling with seals, relaxing on numerous beaches, exploring lagoons, islands and Maori Pa village site to learn about local history and lore. It’s a relaxing, content rich and incredibly memorable three day experience! The classic trips are the only trips to explore the northern reaches of the park. Fully catered with delicious kai food.
Abel Tasman Kayaks reserves the right to alter trip due to weather or sea conditions.
- All meals and accommodation
- top quality double kayak, lifejacket, paddle, spray skirt, paddle jacket, dry bags for cameras
- detailed map, full safety briefing with a qualified guide
- 2 person tents, thermarest inflatable mattresses, sleeping bags if required, plates, cutlery, cups,
- gas cookers, park maps, filtered water and all meals
- Day 1 : Day One8.30am Check in and meet your guide. 9.00am Kayak briefing. 10.30am Transport to Totaranui. 12.15pm Arrive Totaranui. 12.30pm Packing kayak and lunch. 1.00pm Kayak from Totaranui to Onetahuti area. Total kayak time approx 4 hrs with breaks. 5.00pm Arrive Onetahuti area. 5.30pm Set up camp site. 7.00pm Dinner & Dessert.Meals :Lunch, DinnerDay 2 : Day Two8.00am Breakfast. 9.00am Decamp. 9.30am Kayak from Onetahuti area to Anchorage. Total kayak time approx. 4hrs with breaks. 12.00pm Enjoy lunch in the Bark Bay area. 3.45pm Arrive Anchorage. 5.00pm Set up camp site. 7.00pm Dinner & Dessert.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 3 : Day Three8.00am Breakfast. 9.00am Decamp. 9.30am Kayak from Anchorage to Marahau. Total kayak time approx. 4 hours with breaks. 12.00pm Enjoy lunch in the Astrolabe area . 3.30pm Arrive Marahau and unpack gear. Enjoy showers and refreshments on the Abel Tasman Kayaks base. Please note this is a sample itin and may change due to weather conditions.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch
8.30am 1 Nov - 31 Mar departing on Monday, Wednesday & Friday's excluding Christmas Day.
Bus Transfer from Nelson $30 return, free from Motueka
All meals included. Dietary requirements can be catered for please discuss at time of booking.