Tauranga Shore Excursion: Waitomo Caves & The Kiwi House Exclusive Tour
A truly unique experience visiting the world-renowned Waitomo Caves. Experience a short boat trip to the Glow worm Grotto. Visit the Kiwi House in Otorohanga and try to spot the adorable flightless bird. Come by yourself or with your chosen participants.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This approximately 6-hour tour leaves the Port of Tauranga or local accommodation (within the Tauranga, Mt Maunganui/early Papamoa area) at 8:30am (or at a time suitable to ship arrival/departure times, or as arranged with clients staying locally), then travels over the Kaimai Ranges through the verdant Waikato District (New Zealand's top dairy-farming area) and the historic rocks of the Hinuera Valley.
A stop is made at the Karapiro Look-out, above Karapiro Lake, before travelling on to the Waitomo Caves, where expert guides will give interesting and informative facts on the historical and geographical aspects of the caves.
You will view spectacular stalactites and stalagmites as you enter "The Cathedral" which has such excellent acoustics that the Vienna Boys' Choir have recorded there. This will be followed by a boat trip to the Glow Worm Grotto.
On the return trip, you will enjoy a stop at the Kiwi House in Otorohanga. Travel back along the scenic route which will cross over the Arapuni Dam. You will be able to purchase lunch on the way if you want to.
Departure Point :Cruise-ship clients will be picked up from the Port of Tauranga. You will be met at the port gate. Your name will be held up on a placard. Local clients will be picked up from local accommodation (within the Tauranga/Mt Maunganui/early Papamoa area).
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :The Port of Tauranga or to local accommodation (within the Tauranga/Mt Maunganui/Papamoa area).
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.