Tauranga Shore Excursion: Small-Group Bay of Plenty and Tauranga Tour
Explore New Zealand’s Tauranga region with a private guide when your cruise ship docks in the Bay of Plenty. Your 5-hour shore excursion highlights the rolling farmland, gourmet produce, and wilderness of this tranquil corner of New Zealand. See orchards of kiwifruit, taste fresh Manuka honey, eat lunch at a country cafe (own expense), stop for photo ops, and enjoy an easy walk to a waterfall. Your informative guide shares commentary about this spectacular part of New Zealand's North Island on this personalized tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by private vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- After pick up from the dock in Tauranga, travel in a comfortable private vehicle with your informative guide, heading to your first destination, New Zealand's kiwifruit capital at Kiwifruit Country. During your visit to this working farm, you'll see the orchards, and hear how the kiwifruit came to New Zealand.
Next up, stop at the Bee Hive and go behind the scenes to learn about beekeeping and honey production. Your guide explains how bees pollinate the native Manuka bush then make New Zealand's famous Manuka honey, which is reputed to have many health benefits. Hear a Maori legend that involves New Zealand's kauri tree and Manuka honey, then taste the honey and check out the beehives.
Continue into the mountains of the Kaimai Range, stopping for lunch at a country cafe (own expense). Afterward, your guide takes you on an easy walk through the lush grounds of McLaren Falls Park to visit a gorgeous waterfall.
On the return trip to Tauranga, drive through rolling hills dotted with farms and stop at the Minden Lookout for unobstructed views over the Bay of Plenty. Approaching Tauranga City, you'll see fishing boats bobbing in Tauranga Harbour as you cross the bridge and return to your cruise ship dock.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Outside the Port of Tauranga main pedestrian gate.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 3pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable clothing, walking shoes
- Please bring sun protection
- Pricing is per group
- Maximum 5 per group
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.