Tauranga Shore Excursion: Scenic Lake McLaren Kayak Tour
Enjoy the wonderful calm Lake McLaren where serenity takes a new name. Gently paddle past a multitude of birdlife, literally within paddles' reach. Sheer cliffs break the stark lush native bush as gentle streams enter the lake's edge. Paddle into the stunning Mangapapa canyon with water as deep as the cliffs on the sides, where the native bush appears to touch and form a cave.
per adult from
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Free snacks included
What's included :
- Local and professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off at the pedestrian gate at the port
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Start your Tauranga shore excursion with morning pickup at the cruise port. It’s a short drive north by minivan to the Waimarino Adventure Park where your Wairoa River kayaking tour begins. En route, hear from your guide about the beachside city of Mount Maunganui, situated in the Bay of Plenty.
On arrival, receive some kayaking tips before dipping your paddle into the placid waters of Lake McLaren. Discover the beautiful scenery and stunning canyon with birdlife all around.
Take advantage of any photo opportunities (a dry bag is provided for your camera) before paddling back to your starting point. From here, you’re transferred by minivan back to port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga - outside pedestrian gates
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 2pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.