Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Rainbow Springs plus Geothermals
Enjoy unique Kiwi experiences on this small group tour to the geothermal heartland of New Zealand - Rotorua. Visit Rainbow Springs - home to native New Zealand wildlife including the Kiwi (and a few exotic species too). Also see interesting geothermal features in the heart of Rotorua city - including bubbling mudpools and hot springs. Plus view kiwifruit hanging on the vines when we stop in the home of New Zealand's kiwifruit industry.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - we delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
What's included :
- Professional and knowledgeable driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry to Rainbow Springs (excludes the Kiwi hatchery)
- Visit to a kiwifruit orchard
- Visit to Okere Falls
- Visit to Rotorua geothermal areas
- Entry/Admission - Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Entry/Admission - Okere Falls Track
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks.
- Entry to the Kiwi Encounter (conservation hatchery) at Rainbow Springs.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rainbow Springs Nature Park, 192 Fairy Springs Road, Rotorua 3015 New Zealand
Enjoy viewing NZ wildlife amongst spacious grounds under a canopy of native trees. See native birds such as the Kiwi, Kaka, Tui, Kereru (Wood Pigeon), Kea, Whio (Blue Duck) and many more. Also see a living dinosaur – the Tuatara. These guys have been around for over 200 million years!
The kids will love the ‘Big Splash’ ride, trout pools and playground.
Upgrade (extra cost) to visit the Kiwi Encounter conservation hatchery. Here you can see kiwi conservation in action – where your admission fee helps save this endangered icon.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kuirau Park, Ranolf Street and Lake Road, Rotorua New Zealand
See bubbling mudpools and simmering hot springs at this central city park! Dip your feet in the soothing foot baths to experience the special qualities of the thermal water.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
Get iconic photos of the Old Bath House, Blue Baths and surrounding gardens. See Rachel Spring - the water is always 100 degrees celsius!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Enjoy the serenity of Rotorua's famous lakefront
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Okere Falls Track, Okere Falls New Zealand
Enjoy a scenic stop at beautiful Okere Falls. If you're lucky you'll see white water rafters careening over the 7 metre high waterfall!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
See kiwifruit on the vines and taste a range of kiwifruit products
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
See the beautiful gold sand beaches of Mt Maunganui. Pass million dollar homes and learn about the city and its people.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet the Shore Trips and Tours representative at the Shore Trips and Tours sign board situated just outside the port gates. Walk through the information marquee and out through the gates - a short walk from your ship.PortsTauranga
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines and some steps
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.