Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Discover the amazing city of Rotorua at your own pace on the Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer Bus. Travelling with the best team in the business – you will enjoy all the flexibility of our easy to use timetable, with the extra care and attention from one of our driver/guides.
The scenic drive to Rotorua is approximately 1 hour, and your guide will provide an interesting and entertaining commentary along the way. This is also when you can learn more about the attractions in Rotorua that are available to visit as your guide is an expert on all there is to see and do.
There is no obligation to visit any destination - if you like you can just cruise on the coach, take a walk around (as there are plenty of things to see for free), visit the shops, or buy a picnic to enjoy by the lakefront.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
per adult from
- Excellent value for money
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
What's included :
- Experienced, professional and friendly guide
- Great discounts on selected attraction entry fees
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport
- Full commentary
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Destination/attraction entrance fees
Rotorua Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer
Route Duration: 7 hoursStops on the Rotorua Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer:
Attractions on the Rotorua Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer:
- 4 Salisbury Ave - The vehicle and driver will be located just outside the pedestrian port gate, a short walk from the ships gangway, beyond the Information Marquee. Look out for the Shore Trips and Tours sign.
- Rotorua Airport - Drop off only - for customers doing Raftabout rafting
- Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
- Te Puia
- Polynesian Spa
- Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- Lakefront Drive - Here you can access jetboat trips with Katoa Jet, or helicopter trips with Volcanic Air
- Skyline Rotorua - Rainbow Springs is right next door
- OGO Rotorua
Lake Rotoiti / Lake Rotorua / Mt Maunganui Main Beach / Kuirau Park
Operates: After departing Tauranga it is just over 1 hours drive to Rotorua. Once in Rotorua we make 4 circuits of the city allowing access to the most popular attractions. It is important to note the bus does NOT return to your ship in Tauranga during the day - the hop-on hop-off part of the day is entirely in Rotorua.
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- The driver will provide details of all destinations served by the Rotorua Explorer and you will receive the timetable for the day upon boarding
- Tour departs at the time shown unless this conflicts with the ships ETA or ETD, in which case the tour will operate so that you are back in port at least one hour before sailing. Please meet us at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.