Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua City Explorer
Discover the amazing city of Rotorua at your own pace on the Explorer Bus. Travelling with the best team in the business, you will enjoy the extra care and attention from one of our driver/guides.
The scenic drive to Rotorua is approximately 1 hour, and your guide will provide an interesting and entertaining commentary along the way. This is also when you can learn more about the attractions in Rotorua that are available to visit as your guide is an expert on all there is to see and do.
The schedule for the day is designed to maximise your time in Rotorua, however there is no obligation to visit any destination - if you like you can just cruise on the coach, take a walk around (as there are plenty of things to see for free), visit the shops, or buy a picnic to enjoy by the lakefront.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced, professional and friendly guide
- Great discounts on selected attraction entry fees
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport
- Full commentary
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Destination/attraction entrance fees
Route Duration: 7 hoursStops on the Rotorua Explorer:
Attractions on the Rotorua Explorer:
- 4 Salisbury Avenue - The vehicle and driver will be located just outside the pedestrian port gate, a short walk from the ships gangway, beyond the Information Marquee. Look out for the Shore Trips and Tours sign.
- Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
- Te Puia
- Polynesian Spa
- Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- Skyline Rotorua - Rainbow Springs is right next door
Lake Rotoiti / Lake Rotorua / Mt Maunganui Main Beach / Kuirau Park
Operates: After departing Tauranga it is just over 1 hours drive to Rotorua. Once in Rotorua we visit the key destinations, allowing access to the most popular attractions. It is important to note the bus does NOT return to your ship in Tauranga during the day - you will be exploring Rotorua for the full day.
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- The driver will provide details of all destinations served by the Rotorua Explorer and you will receive the timetable for the day upon boarding
- Tour departs at the time shown unless this conflicts with the ships ETA or ETD, in which case the tour will operate so that you are back in port at least one hour before sailing. Please meet us at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour runs with a minimum of 4 fare paying passengers. We will advise on the day if the minimum hasn't been met, and offer alternative options if necessary
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- No sales on the day of the Tour!
- 10am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for the early/late arrival of ships. We will advise any time change at time of booking
- Please ensure you provide a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or be checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is for passengers on cruise ships arriving into the Port of Tauranga
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- QR codes unique to each tour vehicle
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.