Tauranga Shore Excursion: Mt Drury and Moturiki Island Walking Tour including Mount Hot Pools Admission
Make the most of your time in port at Tauranga on an easy 2.5-hour walking tour with a knowledgeable local guide. Just steps from your cruise ship, explore the natural and cultural highlights of the area and learn about Maori culture and regional history. See sacred sites, walk along a coastal path to Mt Drury and Moturiki Island. Your tour includes entrance to Mount Hot Pools where you can treat yourself to a rejuvenating soak in the salt water pools.
What's included :
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- When your cruise ship docks in Tauranga, walk right off the ship for a guided walking tour of the port area. Meet your guide at the gate of the cruise port then set off on a leisurely stroll along the waterfront. Stop to view sacred Maori burial caves at the base of Mt Drury (Hopukiore) and learn about local history and legends from your expert guide.
After pausing at Mt Drury, cross the road to popular Mount Beach then walk over a short man-made land bridge that leads to Moturiki Island. Hear from your guide about the region's culture and history as you walk around the small island, taking in panoramic views of the beaches, ocean and port. Look for a large colony of grey-faced petrels, a native bird that feeds in the surrounding waters and perhaps catch sight of little penguins that breed around these islands. If the surf is up, you may see water spraying through the blowhole on Moturiki.
Next, return to Mt Drury and take a short walk up a gentle incline to reach the top of the hill. Soak up spectacular views from this vantage point as your guide explains how the Maori used this land. Wrap up your walking tour in a boutique shopping area just five minutes walk from the cruise ship dock.
Expect to walk at an easy pace for a little over two miles (3.5 km) total with plenty of stops, covering mostly flat ground with two short inclines.
Your walking tour includes entrance to the Mount Hot Pools. Enjoy a relaxing soak in the warm salt waters, located in a beautiful outdoor setting. Have your choice of two large outdoor pools and the option to purchase a massage treatment.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Tauranga cruise port
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes suitable for walking
- Please bring a light wind/rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, bathing suit and towel
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.