Tauranga Shore Excursion: Guided Walk of Mount Maunganui
Enjoy listening to facts and stories about the area as you are guided to the summit of Mount Maunganui. Be captivated by the views of off shore Islands, the township and the stunning Main Beach, which has been named one of New Zealand's best beaches! You can expect to see various types of sea birds, perhaps seals and dolphin and occasionally the odd Orca.
per adult from
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
What's included :
- Local professional guide with in depth historical information of the region
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Disembark from your ship and continue through the I-port and exit gates to find your guide waiting for you in a blue shirt, holding a sign with your name on it. After meeting your friendly guide, your journey will begin!
Your guide will share interesting stories and facts about the Bay of Plenty’s past and present, including how the Mount got its name!
You will gradually climb 232m (761.2 feet) to the top of Mount Maunganui, stopping occasionally to listen to stories and facts about the history of the region as you are guided to the summit. Allow the expansive views to take your breath away throughout the journey. It is even possible to see the steam venting off the marine volcano "White Island" and the views of other shore Islands such as The Mayor Island or Tuhua as the Maori know it as, on certain days.
The stunning Main Beach was named one of New Zealand’s best beaches! See it stretch on for miles. You can also expect to see various types of wildlife such as sea birds, rabbits, sheep, and perhaps seals and dolphin. If you are lucky, you may even see a whale!
Departure Point :Disembark vessel, walk through I-port and exit gates, look for the staff member wearing a blue shirt and holding a sign with your name. Please bring your booking voucher.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infants are the sole responsibility of the parent
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately including good walking shoes, a hat, sunblock and a light wind jacket
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.