Tandem Paragliding Early-bird Special
Enjoy aerial views of Lake Wanaka and the Twin Falls on a 8-12 minute scenic paragliding flight from Treble Cone. Flying with an experienced tandem pilot, you'll discover the beauty of flight on New Zealand's highest commercial paragliding tandem.
You will fly up close to the 300m tall Twin Falls and take in amazing views of the surrounding mountains. A gentle descent or thrilling aerobatics, the choice is yours before landing softly next to your car.
Our 8am & 9am flights are slightly shorter due to early morning weather. These are our calmer smoother flights. If you are interested in flying longer, our standard 10am flights will be more suitable.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Transport to launch by air conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- In Flight photos & videos are available for an extra $60
- Pick up service from Wanaka for an extra $40
- You will be checked in with supplied gloves and a helmet in our landing field, before a short 10 minute bus ride up to the takeoff. Feel free to stop and take photos and enjoy the incredible scenery before a short safety briefing with your pilot.
With a few easy steps, we will have you up and flying with your pilot. In the air, our harnesses are extremely comfortable and supportive, and you can talk with your pilot during the entire flight. We will give you a tour of the valley as we fly towards the Twin Falls.
Utilizing any lift in the air, we can extend the flight time up to 15-20 minutes depending on conditions, while our earlier flights offer calmer air, the flight time is closer to 12 minutes. Your pilot will discuss with you if you would prefer a gentle descent down, or a more exciting thrilling roller-coaster like aerobatic experience before landing gently next to your car.
We offer a high quality in flight photo & video package, which will be downloaded directly onto your phone or on a supplied USB drive, for an extra $60.
Departure Point :The base of Treble Cone mountain, on the Wanaka-Mount Aspiring Rd. 25 minutes drive from Wanaka. (Listed as Wanaka Paragliding Landing Field in Google Maps)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Practical Footwear required
- Maximum passenger weight limit of 130 kg
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.