Sunday Cruise exploring the remotest part of The Marlborough Sounds
Sundays are for scenery on the Pelorus Express. Today the postie takes a day off – the perfect opportunity to spend more time experiencing the amazing natural environment and fascinating features of Pelorus/Te Hoiere and Kenepuru Sounds.
Sit back and relax as we take you to some of the most stunning corners of this vast area of the Marlborough Sounds. Take the option of a short bush walk to really immerse yourself in nature, far from the nearest road.
Our friendly local crew will be on hand to provide interesting commentary and entertaining stories about the area, its history and the people who live and work here. Learn about the Greenshell mussel farms you pass on the way and spot marine wildlife including dolphins, seals, penguins and many other marine birds.
There is free tea and coffee onboard but please bring your own lunch. Havelock has several cafes, a bakery and a small supermarket where you can stock up before you check in.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks - Free tea, coffee, filtered water and cookies available on board.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pelorus Mail Boat, Havelock Marina Jetty 1, Havelock New Zealand
Cruise the Pelorus Sound, the biggest and remotest Sound in the Marlborough Sounds delivering mail, groceries and freight to the remote residents. Hear about life past and present and see the wildlife in the area including penguins, Gannets, King Shags and dolphins.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Pelorus Mail Boat Ltd, Pier B Havelock Marina, Havelock 7100, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.