Stand Up Paddle Boarding adventure on the Clutha River grade 1-2 (The Lower Pro)
A fun and fully guided tour of a lower section of the Clutha River designed for the experienced Stand Up Paddler and for those who are keen to run some of the playful grade 1-2 white water rapids.
Soak up the serenity of the awe-inspiring river, testing your skills on a 19km stretch between Wanaka & Luggate. This section of the river is for those confident on a SUP, or keen for adventure, with all equipment provided.
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Light refreshments
- All equipment provided
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- SUP the Clutha River Lower Pro starts with you meeting one of your guides, either at the Wanaka I-site or right at your accommodation door. From there, it’s a quick drive down to the river, which is the start point for your epic adventure!
As soon as you arrive, you’ll get your safety gear on, get a SUP skills briefing and instruction on how to behave in the river environment, without further ado you will get on the water! You and your guide will practice your skills on the flat calm water as you progress downstream. Your guide is there to help, and show you all the fun spots. They will give you lots of information about how to travel down the river safely and effectively.
After a little while of smooth, fast-flowing river, your first rapid will appear around the corner. The first of many. Ride it out and see if you can surf the river. Your guide will show you and communicate with you all the way. Show you how to eddy hop, swim in the river safely and climb back on with confidence.
Of course, a trip with Paddle Wanaka wouldn’t be complete without a stop to refuel with some beverages and our famous brownie about half way down.
At the end of your trip, you’ll be picked up again and taken back to your starting point in town.
Departure Point :Meet us outside the Wanaka Isite 10mins prior to departure. Look out for the van!
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :You will be dropped back at the Wanaka Isite after your trip.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Must be able to swim
- For the experienced SUPers. Tailored especially for the fit and adventurous!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.