Southern Explorer Walk
Experience part of the Te Araroa Walkway, the Trail of New Zealand. A stunning half or full day walk that takes in the best views and scenery Wellington has to offer.
What's included :
- Day pack
- Walking poles
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Drinking water.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Our route follows the Te Araroa Walkway to its North Island conclusion via Mt Victoria, Mt Albert and through to Houghton Bay on the South coast.
We then shuttle through to Owhiro Bay and continue our walk out to Red Rocks to enjoy views of the South Island and watch seals frolic on the rocky shore. This walk is proof that you don’t have to travel far to experience some of the best sights NZ has to offer. Guides will regale walkers with interesting historical, geological and natural history. We pass the Wellington Zoo where you may see Hamadryas Baboons if you’re lucky!
This energetic walk includes some steep hills and requires moderate fitness. You must be prepared to spend most of the day on your feet. Your effort is rewarded by tremendous views, great exercise and and entertaining dialogue with our top class guides.
Departure Point :Wellington I-site 9:15am daily (bookings are required)
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Wellington I-site 4.45pm
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time (Cruise ship passengers may be offered collection and return for smll additional charge)
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.