An AJ Hackett Experience - New Zealand’s highest jump! Standing 192m (629ft) above Auckland with people and cars below you, that step off the edge is exhilarating! SkyJump can be described as Base Jumping while attached to a wire. It's just like being a movie stuntman, or a super hero. You'll fall very fast at speeds of up to 85kph (52mph) for around 11 seconds before coming to a smooth landing at the base of the Sky Tower. This is tough on your mind but easy on your body. It is an absolute must do in Auckland. FREE Sky Tower pass included so you can explore the different observation levels afterwards.
SAFETY COMES FIRST – ALWAYS This experience is owned and operated by AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, we’ve been doing Bungy and other adventurous stuff for 30 years and our crew is the most experienced in the world. Our impeccable safety record puts your safety – and wellbeing – first. That’s why we will NEVER compromise on safety.
What's included :
- Authentic SkyJump t-shirt
- FREE Sky Tower pass (value $29 - price correct as of Nov 2018, subject to change)
- Entry/Admission - SkyJump and SkyWalk
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- THE FACTS
• HEIGHT 192 METRES (629ft)
• NEW ZEALANDS TALLEST BUILDING
• REACH SPEED OF UP TO 85KPH (52mph)
• FREE SKY TOWER PASS INCLUDEDMake your own way to the Auckland Sky Tower to check in for your jump. SkyJump is different from bungy jumping, as you remain in a 'super hero' position during a fast and smooth fall, then land on your feet at the bottom. There's no hanging upside down or bouncing as in bungy jumping; instead, you're going to be attached to a wire for a base jump.
Your expert guide welcomes you, provides a SkyJump suit to wear over your clothing, then assists you to securely fasten your safety harness and other equipment, including a specially designed GoPro camera, which records your jump from start to finish.
Once you are geared up, your guide escorts you up the Sky Tower to the jump platform, located 630 feet (192 meters) above the ground. Take in panoramic views over Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf as your guide walks you to the edge. Your guide makes sure that all safety checks are in place, then starts the countdown. Gather up your courage and jump!
Fall at around 50 miles (85km) per hour and experience an adrenaline rush like no other. The jump lasts a little longer than 10 seconds but feels monumental. When you land, the SkyJump team escorts you into the building where your accomplishment is greeted with glee by as many as 10 friends and family members, who can watch from the viewing area in the landing zone.
Remove your gear then check out your photos and video, which you have the option to purchase. All jumpers receive a certificate and free ticket to the observation deck in the Sky Tower, so that you can go back up the tower, admire the views and watch other jumpers take the plunge.
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Auckland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Auckland Sky Tower, corner of Victoria and Federal St, Auckland City
- Age: Min 10 yrs (Children 14 and under need to be accompanied by an adult)
- Weight: Min 35kg - Max 122kg (78-268lbs), under 35kg may be taken on a case by case basis provided that customers fit the safety harness correctly.
- Clothing: Flat, lace-up secure footwear must be worn. Wear comfortable clothing,
- Medical Conditions: These are a case by case basis so please talk to the team if you have a medical condition, pregnant women are unable to SkyJump
- Spectators: FREE to watch from the base of the Sky Tower building
- What to bring
- Comfortable, warm clothing
- Covered shoes
- Every 15mins from 10:00am-12:30pm and 2.00pm-5.15pm. Check in 15mins prior
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.