Shore Excursion: Tauranga Morning Highlights - with FREE lunch
Enjoy a taste of our home town with the most experienced Shore Excursion team in Tauranga. See gold-sand beaches, stunning hilltop views, kiwifruit orchards and historic sites - all finished with a delicious lunch of fish and chips. This interesting and compact smaller-group tour is perfect for those who want to get a feel for how this city ticks, and will get you to places you won’t be able to explore on your own. Our local guide will ensure a great morning on this popular local tour.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - we delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced and professional local driver/guide
- Air-conditioned transport
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Fish and Chip lunch at waterfront location
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
Admire the harbour and beaches that draw so many tourists to the region. See million-dollar beachfront houses overlooking one of the nation’s best surf beaches at Mt Maunganui. Learn about the significance of ANZAC day at the memorial cenotaph.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Elms, 15 Mission Street, Tauranga 3110 New Zealand
Learn about how the Mission shaped the formation of Tauranga as we pass by one of New Zealand’s most important historic buildings, (and Tauranga’s oldest colonial structure). Also see Monmouth Redoubt and other historical city sites.
Stop At: Gate Pa Memorial Reserve, Gate Pa School 900 Cameron Road, Tauranga 3112 New Zealand
Visit the scene of a fierce battle at the Gate Pa Battle Site. An important and fascinating part of Tauranga’s history – this is where British forces fought local Maori in 1864, and came off second best!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
A favourite with the locals, McLaren Falls Park is set in 190 hectares surrounding man-made Lake McLaren. See a fantastic arboretum, and enjoy scenic photo opportunities at this picturesque spot.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Minden Lookout, Minden Road, Tauranga New Zealand
Grab a panoramic photo of the Bay of Plenty from the Minden lookout (weather permitting). On a good day you will not only be able to see your ship sitting far below in the harbour, but also the active marine volcano of White Island puffing away in the distance. The drive here travels through native bush and iconic sheep filled paddocks.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hairy Maclary & Friends Tauranga Waterfront Sculpture, The Strand, Tauranga New Zealand
Situated on the scenic Tauranga waterfront - these colourful characters were made famous in the children's books by Lynley Dodd. This is just a short walk from our lunch stop at Bobby's Fish Market - where we stop for approximately 45 minutes to enjoy a delicious lunch of fresh fish and chips on the waterfront. This place is famous in Tauranga for having the best fish and chips around.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :4 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a general sightseeing trip with a small amount of walking required
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- A free fish and chip lunch is included consisting of one portion of fish and chips per person. Unfortunately there are no alternatives included. The lunch is not vegetarian or gluten-free friendly.
- This tour runs with a minimum of 4 fare paying passengers. We will advise on the day if the minimum hasn't been met, and offer alternative options if necessary
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- No sales on the day of the Tour!
- This tour is for passengers on cruise ships arriving into the Port of Tauranga
- Most travelers can participate
- 10am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for early/late arriving ships. We will advise any time change at time of booking.
- Please ensure you provide a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or be checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- QR codes unique to each tour vehicle
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.