Self-Guided Scenic Bike Ride to Coastal Wineries from Napier
Enjoy a flat, easy, scenic 26km (16 mile) ride following beautiful Hawke’s Bay coast on a wonderful off-road cycle trail. The trail passes through the Clive Wetlands and along scenic riverbanks, home to many species of birds. At the end of the trail, there are a selection of wineries where you can enjoy wine tasting and/or lunch, before your shuttle arrives to transport you back to Napier. This trail is 95% off-road, with just 1.5km on a quiet, beach, community road. This is a self-guided bike ride.
per adult from
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All necessary equipment included
- Instant Confirmation
What's included :
- Standard bike hire, helmet, lock, handlebar bag
- Map & route instructions
- Mechanical back up
- Water bottle
- Collection of wine purchases
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Wine tasting fees (most wineries charge a $5pp tasting fee which is refundable if you purchase wine)
- Upon your arrival at the shop, you will be fitted to your bikes by the friendly team and given an explanation of the ride directions and map.
Crossing the road to the cycle trail, you cycle along the beautiful coastal path before passing through the Clive Wetlands, home to many different species of birds. The trail is all off-road and flat with the exception of a short 1.5km stretch on a quiet, beach side road.
Towards the end of the trail are four wineries: Beach House (weekends only), Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate, and Te Awanga Estate. There are a number of options for lunch with restaurants at Elephant Hill and Clearview, or for more casual dining Te Awanga Estate offers pizza and platters, or ride a little further and visit the Clifton Cafe at the end of the trail.
The shuttle will arrive at Elephant Hill at 4pm (or as otherwise arranged) and transport you back to Napier.
Departure Point :Napier City Bike Hire & Tours
Departure Time :
At your leisure, as you are leaving from our shop, but we recommend leaving before 11am.
Pick up is at 4pm October-April, 3pm May-September.
We advise you allow 5-6 hours for this experience, giving time for photos, wine tasting, and a leisurely lunch.
Cruise Ship Passengers: Please advise us if you are a cruise ship passenger. Departure and pick up times on cruise days have been tailored to ship timetables.
Return Detail :The shuttle will return you to Napier City Bike Hire and Tours, or to your Napier accommodation by arrangement.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name and arrival time
- All rider heights must be advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most wineries charge a $5pp tasting fee which is refundable if you purchase wine
- Opening hours and days of the wineries do vary - please check with us at time of booking
- Minimum age is 1 year
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.