Self-Guided Biking Tour of Hawke's Bay Wineries
Enjoy a full-day, scenic self-guided biking tour to some of the regions finest wineries. Enjoy a pickup from your Napier accommodation to the starting point of your journey in Havelock North (approximately 25 minutes away). Visit the wineries of Black Barn and Te Mata Estate and possibly sample some cheese at Origin Earth Cheese Factory and Tasting Room.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- All necessary equipment included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Instant Confirmation
What's included :
- Bike, helmet and pannier hire
- Route instructions and trail map
- Wine purchases pick-up service
- Water bottle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Napier accommodation
What's excluded :
- Tasting fees
- This full-day, self-guided biking tour will begin in Havelock North. You will be set up on your bike and be given a briefing on the route before you set off, cycling at your own pace to enjoy the scenery and visits to the various wineries along the way.
Your adventure starts at the wineries of Black Barn and Te Mata Estate. It is recommend you visit the Origin Earth Cheese Factory and Tasting Room where you can sample a range of delicious cheeses.
From here you will enjoy a 16km scenic cycle on the limestone trail of the landscapes ride with views of apple orchards, vineyards and farmland following the Tuki Tuki River to the coast.
By now you'll be ready to taste some more fine wine at Beach House Wines (summer weekends only), Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate and Te Awamga Estate.
A restaurant lunch is available at either Elephant Hill or Clearview Estate, or casual options at various locations (lunch at own expense), before your return transfer to your accommodation.
Your tour includes transport from either the Napier i-site or your Napier accommodation, bike helmet and pannier hire, route instructions and trail map, water bottle and a wine purchases pick up service.
Departure Point :Your centrally located Napier accommodation or the Napier i-Site Information Centre
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Your centrally located Napier accommodation or the Napier i-Site Information Centre
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that most wineries charge for tastings. The charge is around NZ$5 per person and is usually rebated against any purchases
- Opening hours at wineries vary, we will advise you where possible
- At the time of booking please advise your height and if you require a lunch reservation at the signature restaurants at Elephant Hill or Clearview Estate (lunch not included)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.