Routeburn Track Private Guided Walk from Queenstown
Return to nature on the famous Routeburn Track. On this private hike, roam through the ancient undergrowth of the forest and gaze up at snow-capped peaks as your local guide invites you to explore New Zealand’s fascinating wilderness. A great walk, a perfect day.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Round-trip transfer by private 4x4 vehicle
- Professional accredited guide, born and raised in the area
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Routeburn Track
What's excluded :
- Lunch (can be purchased for 20 NZD per person)
- This guided adventure starts from Queenstown with a scenic drive along the shores of Lake Wakatipu. Climb steadily on a 2-3 hour hike through the cool rainforest, observing waterfalls and rare birdlife as you make your way to the open alpine glade at Flats Hut.
Here, you can reward yourself with your picnic lunch as you absorb the breathtaking views of the Southern Alps.
Your return 1-2 hour downhill hike will give you a chance to stretch out the legs once again. You will discover native flora and fauna and learn about the efforts being made to conserve New Zealand’s natural heritage.
More than a hike, this is a classic New Zealand experience that brings the Routeburn alive.
Departure Point :From your Queenstown accommodation
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Intensity of the hike is moderate. A general level of fitness is required
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes, water, a rain jacket, sunscreen, insect repellent, and your own preferred lunch. Lunch can be provided upon prior request at an additional cost of 20 NZD per person
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.