Rotorua Small Group Morning Tour Waimangu and Wai O Tapu
Elite Adventures tours depart from Rotorua at 8 am. Pickups are scheduled for between 8 am and 8.30 am depending on your accommodation (will be listed under the pickup tab)
This Elite Adventures tour first journeys to Wai O Tapu, one of the world's most surreal geothermal locations. Here you and you will be guided around a collection of stunning colorful geothermal features such as the Champagne pool and the Devils Bath.
Following Wai O Tapu our journey will guide you to the Lady Knox geyser, who is very punctual and only goes once a day.
At the conclusion of the geyser eruption, our journey leads you to Waimangu Valley, the youngest geothermal eco-system in the world. Waimangu is the "Jurassic Park" of New Zealand, from tall New Zealand ferns that reminds you of palm trees to the collection of geothermal lakes that are spread out throughout the valley.
Once our time in the Valley has concluded we have a 30min lunch break at the scenic Waimagu cafe before leaving for town.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Journey to Wai O Tapu, one of the world's most surreal destinations. You will spend approximately 45-60min in the park before departing to the Lady Knox geyser.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lady Knox Geyser, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Our journey will guide you to the Lady Knox geyser who only erupts once a day at 10.15 am. Come along and found out the story behind her punctuality.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
We journey to the Jurassic Waimangu valley, the youngest geothermal eco-system in the world.
Here we will witness first hand the power and beauty of mother nature and the aftermath of the 1886 volcanic eruption of Mt Tarawera.
We spend approximately 90min here, including a 30min lunch break at the scenic Waimangu cafe.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Rotorua accommodations within the city limits at the following timesBlack Swan 8.05 amPeppers on the Point 8.05 amKoura Lodge 8.05 amCosy Cottage 8.05 amBella Vista 8.05 amTop 10 holiday park 8.10 amNovotel 8.10 amRegent 8.10 amIbis 8.10 amAura Accommodation 8.10 amAccolades 8.10 amPrinces Gate 8.15 amMuseum 8.15 amYHA treks 8.15 amBase 8.15 amQuest 8.15 amMillennium 8.20 amSudima 8.20 amRotorua central backpackers 8.20 amRydges 8.25 amfour canoes 8.25 amSilver Fern 8.25 amRegal Palms 8.25 amDevonwood 8.25 amSport of Kings 8.25 amEmerald Spa 8.25 amHoliday Inn 8.30 amThermal Holiday park 8.30 am
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.