Rotorua Eco Thermal Small Group Full-Day Tour
Tour Rotorua's most popular geothermal parks and colorful lakes on a day trip led by a local naturalist guide. You'll see the Lady Knox Geyser erupt, visit the Lake Tarawera lookout and see boiling mud pools and hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu. Along the way, you'll learn all about volcanology, New Zealand's stunning flora and fauna, and Maori history from your naturalist guide.
per adult from
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local naturalist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small group tour, maximum 12 people
- Entry/Admission - Buried Village of Te Wairoa
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your day trip takes you through forestry and farmland to New Zealand's largest boiling mud pool and a series of colorful hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu. After seeing the Lady Knox geyser erupt, you'll take a short drive to the Waimangu volcanic valley, where your guide will tell you about the Mt Tarawera eruption which blew open this spectacular, bush-covered, geothermal park.
Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) and Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) are amazingly clear and colorful lakes, and their gorgeous scenery make them a favorite stop for visitors. You'll also visit the Buried Village, the site of a Maori village that was destroyed during the Tarawera volcanic eruption. You'll then take a walk through beautiful native bush to a waterfall and the Lake Tarawera lookout.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 4pm
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.