Rotorua Discovery Te Puia Tour
This tour ticks all the boxes. If you only have one day to see the unique and special part of New Zealand then this tour is a great option. The tour is informative and fun, and our knowledgeable guides will provide a day of exciting discovery as you journey into the heartland of the North Island. We will visit places the big coaches do not go to and tell you the stories and legends of the land.
• Kiwi fruit orchard with tastings
• Redwood forest, silver ferns, native bush and lush countryside
• Geothermal wonders - Geysers, boiling mudpools, bubbling hot springs and steaming sulphur vents
• Stunning volcanic lakes and crystal clear streams
• Visit the Maori arts and crafts institute and see a cultural performance including the famous Haka
• New Zealand's iconic Kiwi bird
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced professional guide
- Fully Guided Tour with commentary
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Maori cultural performance
- Bottled water
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Souvenir shopping
- After meeting your friendly tour guide at the Port of Tauranga gates, your tour begins with a gentle drive past Mount Maunganui and along the coast showcasing the stunning white sandy beaches as you are told a little about the region and its history. Hear Maori legends and learn why the area was named the Bay of Plenty.
Stopping at a Kiwi fruit orchard, you have a chance to view the vines and taste the green and gold kiwi fruit and juices. Learn about the significance of the kiwi fruit to the region. After this it’s back on the road as we wind our way through the rolling countryside past the dense pine forest plantations to arrive at the geothermal heart of New Zealand, Rotorua. Our next stop is a visit to the Redwood Forest where we take a walk among these impressive trees. There are also great examples of the unique Silver Fern of New Zealand.
The next stop is the main attraction Te Puia, home of the famous Pohutu Geyser and where you will learn about Maori culture. You will be guided around the reserve observing the geyser, steaming lakes, the boiling mud pools, the replica Maori village, Pikirangi, cooking holes, the kiwi bird house and the waka (canoe). Experience an authentic greeting from a Maori warrior in traditional dress before being called into the Maori cultural performance by the female kuia (female tribal elder). The concert will showcase Maori dance and song and of course, the Haka! We will also visit the New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute to see wood carving and flax weaving demonstrations.
Next its a Rotorua City highlights tour through the famous Government Gardens. This area was gifted to the New Zealand Government by the local Maori tribe the Te Arawa for "the benefit of the people of the world". The impressive Elizabethan style building dominating the grounds was the first investment by the NZ Government in tourism. It has gone from being a health spa facility to now housing the Rotorua museum. We will point out some of the features of the gardens, including the Blue Baths and Rachels Spring, and stop for photos among the impressive flowerbeds.
After a great day out we will guarantee you are back at the port in plenty of time to board your ship, taking with you lots of wonderful memories from your tour with us into New Zealand's heartland!
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga. Pedestrian exit gates.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Port gates. Same as pickup point
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant rates include own seat
- Family Friendly Tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We suggest layers with hats and sunscreen
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.