Riverside Biking Tour
A stunning guided ride along the banks of one of NZ’s most beautiful and powerful rivers. Varied riding, beautiful vistas and plenty of photo opportunities make this a must do trip for those who appreciate exercise and scenery. Participants need to be able to ride a bike on loose sand and gravel, and up and down (moderate) hills. A medium level of fitness is required. The length of the ride is 10kms.
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fees
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Experience the beauty and challenge of a mountain biking tour along the banks of one of NZ’s greatest rivers. Join Wanaka Bike Guides for a 3.5 hour riverside mountain bike trip to enjoy some good exercise and learn about the power, history and importance of the river to Wanaka and the NZ South Island.
The mountain biking trail along the river has varied terrain with some challenging (short) uphills (which you are welcome to walk) and some fun downhills. But there’s no time pressure. You will have time to stop and catch your breath, take in the expansive river and mountain vistas as well as enjoy a cup of tea and snack. The photo opportunities are endless.
This mountain biking trip is an energetic way to fill in a morning or afternoon. Maximise your Wanaka experience by letting us organise all the logistics for this biking trip. We organise the bikes, helmets, refreshments and transport to and from the biking trail. All our guides are expert mountain bikers and will keep you entertained with many local stories about the river and Wanaka area. They can also give you advice and help to improve your mountain biking technique if you wish.
At the end of the mountain biking tour, we will return you to your accommodation or central Wanaka. This is a great mountain biking tour to get your heart rate up without the trail being too technical.
Departure Point :You will be picked up from your Wanaka accommodation
Return Detail :At the end of the tour, you'll be dropped back to your accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Youth rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for people who haven't ridden a bike on gravel before
- Please specify any medical conditions and/or injuries that we should be aware of
- Please indicate the heights, age and sex of all riders (so we can provide the bike which fits best)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.