River Valley Stables - Harmony With Horses, Half Day Horsemanship & Trek
A half day horse riding adventure!
Combining a challenge packed natural horsemanship session, followed by a freestyle ride over the spectacular Rangitikei hill country, which is suitable for all abilities.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- GEAR PROVIDED - Riding Boots, helmet, Riding chaps, and long oilskin riding coats for changeable weather.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- At River Valley Stables we train our horses using natural horsemanship techniques. Natural Horsemanship is about the partnership between horse and human. Our guides have spent time building this connection with the horses and working with them in a way that makes our horses feel good about their work. Our horses are ridden freestyle, in a halter, so no metal bits in the horse’s mouth. It encourages you to build a connection with your horse. It is this connection between you and your horse that makes River Valley Stables unique
We start with building a trusting relationship between you and your horse. It does not matter if you are new to horses or they have been a part of your life forever. We work with you at the level you need to be working at.
Next we take you and your horse, who is now your partner, out into the beautiful countryside of River Valley. Here you will have the opportunity to try everything you learn’t beforehand. You will be riding over the hills, taking in the spectacular scenery, and if you are up for it, cantering through the fields.
Departure Point :River Valley Lodge, Mangahoata Rd, Pukeokahu 4792, New Zealand
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO BRING - Long pants, warm top on cooler days, sunscreen, a camera suitable to be taken riding.
- Minimum age is usually 10, however we can sometimes make an exception for younger advanced riders - please contact us to check first.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.