Half Day, Grade 5, White Water Rafting on the Rangitikei River
Our grade 5, white water rafting trip is often recognised as one of the best half day trips in the world! It was recently voted in the top 8 white water trips in the world by Red Bull.
With 10 major rapids on this 11 km run, plus numerous smaller rapids, there is plenty to get excited about.
This is a very active trip and you will need to work as part of a team to navigate your way through steep drops, chutes and major rapids in the grade 5 gorge. The trip starts off with some mellow grade 1-3 rapids, which are great practice for what lies ahead.
Throughout the trip you will see some amazing New Zealand scenery along the way.
And the trip finishes back at River Valley Lodge, for hot showers! You can also choose to add on meals or accommodation at the lodge after your trip.
per adult from
What's included :
- All equipment is provided - Wetsuit, helmet, lifejacket, neoprene booties, fleece top, paddle jacket, and on cooler days, neoprene gloves and neoprene socks.
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Your trip starts at River Valley Lodge. Meet at the lodge for the trip briefing and get kitted out with lots of equipment to keep you warm and safe on the river. Then, we drive you 30 mins to the put on. The trip finishes back at River Valley Lodge for hot showers.
• River Valley Adventures, 266 Mangahoata Road, Taihape 4792 New Zealand
Departure Point :River Valley Lodge 266 Mangahoata Road, RD2, Taihape 4792, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 4 people needed for this trip to go ahead - if you have a smaller group please contact us and we can fit you in with more people
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- All our rafting trips are river level dependent - if the river is higher than our safe operating level we will not run the trip
- This is a very active trip - you need to be physically fit enough to paddle and move around the boat
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.