Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour
Discover the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty, the meandering Hutt River trail, and the beautiful Eastern Bays. Taking in some of the best parts of the the Remutaka Cycle Trail, this is a challenging ride with a steep uphill climb to begin with. 65km of moderate riding.
per adult from
What's included :
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / eBike
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Ferry from Days Bay (5.30pm) back to Wellington's CBD
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Days Bay
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Hutt Valley and shuttle you to the start of the trail
Pass By: Wairarapa, Wairarapa, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll shuttle you over the Remutaka ranges and into the Wairarapa at Cross Creek
Stop At: Rimutaka Rail Trail, Wairarapa end of the Rail Trail via Cross Creek Road, Wellington New Zealand
Start your adventure with a fun ride along single track through native bush, before climbing up the rail trail to Summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or well-earned cold drink. Begin your descent down from the ranges, passing through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hutt River, Kaitoke Regional Park Hutt City, 2004 New Zealand
From the end of the rail trail, follow the meandering Hutt River downhill from its source at Kaitoke to its end at Seaview, then ride around the coastline to the beautiful Days Bay.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Days Bay, Wellington New Zealand
Drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP (summer only), before taking an evening cruise back to Wellington's CBD.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt at 9amAirports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, 2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please advise of any dietary considerations you may have.
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.