Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour
Discover the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty, the meandering Hutt River trail, and the beautiful Eastern Bays. Taking in some of the best parts of the the Remutaka Cycle Trail, this is a challenging ride with a steep uphill climb to begin with. 65km of moderate riding.
per adult from
What's included :
- Capable and comfortable mountain bike / eBike with helmet and repair kit, customised to your height and riding preferences
- Packed lunch and water
- Maps and information
- First aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Complementary kayak or SUP hire in Days Bay
- Ferry from Days Bay (5.30pm) back to Wellington's CBD
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
- We pick you up at 9am in our shuttle, and drive you to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, where you start your adventure with a fun ride along single track through native bush, before climbing up the rail trail to Summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or well-earned cold drink. Begin your descent down from the ranges, passing through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system. From the end of the rail trail, follow the meandering Hutt River downhill from its source at Kaitoke to its end at Seaview, then ride around the coastline to the beautiful Days Bay. You can then drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP (summer only), before taking an evening cruise back to Wellington's CBD at 5.30pm.
Distance 65km, riding time 5-6 hours, total duration 6-8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Ferry pass back to Wellington CBD from Days Bay
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please advise of any dietary considerations you may have.
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.