Remarkables Alpine Guided Snowshoeing
ENJOY SHORT WALKS IN THE SUMMER?
Take the time out to try your hand at Snowshoeing, among the snow and ice, and see for yourself the jaw-dropping Winter views across the Wakatipu Basin, a mile above Queenstown. Explore the Remarkables "Jagged Edge" ridge at your own pace!
Off the beaten track, away from the ski fields, with mile high views over Queenstown and the Wakatipu basin! What more could you ask for?
This is an amazing half day, tailored to your needs. This Snow Shoe Journey is achievable by anybody that's willing to get active. There is a moderate uphill hike (approx 30-45mins) to reach the crest of the ridge, and some of the best views that Queenstown has to offer!
A real, authentic alpine adventure, this will be a truly memorable experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- All technical equipment (snow shoes, walking poles etc)
- Awesome Guide
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Start your activity at 9:00am by meeting your Guide in Queenstown. After check-in, you'll head to our equipment store to ensure you have all the right gear for your Snowshoe Journey. Your hike will begin at the Remarkables Alpine Mountain Range, just a 30-45 minute drive from Queenstown. Once you arrive at the start of your hike, you'll be taken on a journey along the iconic 'Jagged Edge' Ridge, overlooking the Wakatipu basin from more than a mile above Queenstown. This is a real snow adventure in a true Alpine environment. The Remarkables boast the highest twin peaks in the region, combining volcanic uplift and glacial carving to create a unique and impressive alpine ridge.
This is the essence of the southern alpine region up close and raw.
Your guide will provide an in-depth interpretation of this delicate Alpine environment, including flora, fauna, geology, local history and Maori Legends surrounding this land. This hike will also be tailored around your group's fitness level. Take a relaxing stroll and enjoy a high altitude picnic or get your stomp on and maximize your journey!
At the end of the Snowshoe, you'll be returned safely to Queenstown.
Whilst this walk has a longer duration the required uphill walking is very short, starting from an established high car park. We spend most time enjoying the atmosphere, telling stories and taking in the incredible views.
Departure Point :All tours meet on the balcony at the rear of Outside Sports, in Queenstown
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.