Private Volcanic Rotorua Day Trip from Auckland
Explore the most spectacular volcanic features of Rotorua with this flexible full-day tour from Auckland. This tour starts off with a private guided tour of either Waimangu Volcanic Valley, or Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. Add to this your choice of one other activity (the driver can help you pick which one). Enjoy dinner at the famous Eat St before returning to Auckland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Leaving from Auckland, sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenic 2.5 hour drive to Rotorua.
Be guided through the spectacularly scenic Waimangu Volcanic Valley, where there are many interesting expressions of volcanic activities, including hot springs, steam vents, and geysers. Enjoy the view of Mt Tarawera behind lake Rotomahana, and learn of the explosive history of this region. Take the bus back up the valley and enjoy lunch at the cafe before continuing on.
In the afternoon, you may pick one of the following activities:
A) Self-guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu (which means "sacred waters"). Here there are steaming pools with a diverse range of colours, and other interesting volcanic features. Bring a camera, as the scenery here makes for great photos!
B) Relax at the Polynesian Spa. Be sure to bring a bathing suit and towel if you pick this option.
C) Visit Te Puia, which has the largest geyser in Rotorua, and a chance to learn about the local Maori culture and arts.
After these activities, head straight to the famous Eat St in downtown Rotorua for dinner before returning to Auckland.
Departure Point :Steps at 148 Quay St, opposite Queen's Wharf
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.