Private Tour of West Auckland's Kumeu Wine Trail
Journey through one of Auckland's finest wine areas, Kumeu. A short drive from Auckland central, the Kumeu Wine Trail is a great fun day out. Our experienced guides can recommend you some of the regions finest vineyards and eateries. Any entrance fees are not included in the cost and are paid locally.
The hours are flexible so you can enjoy as many vineyards as you like or visit some of the regions finest eateries and the famous nearby west Auckland beaches.
We would also recommend including a trip to Muriwai beach or Bethells beach.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for vineyards & tastings
- If you thought West Auckland was all about native bush and beach, then you must check out the Kumeu region's wines. From half a day to a full day it's your choice, with over 10 high vineyards, cafe's & restaurants in the area you are spoiled for choice.
We can provide an intimate professional vineyard tour visiting a few of our most recommend locations.
Kerr Farm - Starting your day with a private session in a beautiful farm house this is a great educational start to your tour.
Kumeu River - Popular for producing high quality Pinot Gris & Chardonnay, a great second stop.
Coopers Creek - Further along the trail, we visit Coopers Creek for an entertaining tasting session followed by lunch.
Lunch recommendations include Coopers Creek at the Tasting Shed provides a perfect indoor or outdoor setting. Using local seasonal ingredients the Tasting Shed provides a unique range of tapas type tasting plates.
For a more private and upmarket experience we recommend Provenance Eatery and Store. With an on-site butchery, bee's and vegetable gardens, the food simply couldn't be fresher or more superb.
From here the options are endless. Matua Valley, Westbrook Estate & Soljans Estate are all worth a visit.
Departure Point :Anywhere in Auckland
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Return to Auckland or an alternative port or city as required.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.