Private Tour of Muriwai Beach and Gannet Colony from Auckland
Take a journey out in the wild west of Muriwai beach which offers diverse eco-system of coastline surf beaches, bush, hills and a Gannet bird colony.
Recommended add-ons for this trip are Fairy Falls, Crystal Mountain, Bethells beach and lake, Tree Adventures or the Kumeu Wine Trail. This tour includes your local guide and transportation, any entrance tickets are not included and are paid locally.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- Family friendly
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Located 45 minutes from Auckland central or Bethells beach, Muriwai is a rugged 60 kilometers coastline. A popular spot for camping and film crews Muriwai offers some spectacular black sand surf beaches, cliff top views and close proximity to the Kumeu wine trail & Tree Adventures forest adventure park.
Your guide will take you down through the winding streets through native forest before arriving at the main surf beach entrance for a stroll along the sand and dunes.
Located at the southern end of the beach is the site of one of New Zealand's few mainland Gannet breeding colonies which is a must see for anyone visiting the local area.
Departure Point :Anywhere in Auckland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to Auckland or an alternative port or city as required.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.