Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton
Relax with the flexibility of your exclusive tour of the Marlborough wine region. Taste sensational wines and partake of some of the most delicious gourmet treats. Enjoy the wineries or mix and match the day with exciting options.
From the Port of Picton your local chauffeur/guide will meet you at the Picton Visitors Centre near the vehicle to take you on a scenic journey through to Blenheim and the famous wine region. Savour our local cuisine in a winery garden café or enjoy a wine with a cheese, meat, seafood platter overlooking our stunning Wairau Valley. Later, visit a chocolate boutique.
Ride with peace of mind with flexible drop off to suit your ships scheduled departure.
This tour has been created due to the demand for larger but small personal groups of a maximum of 11. A comfortable 11 seat Mini Tour Van is provided for your pleasure.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Convenient complimentary bus shuttle to your tour vehicle and back to ship
- Basic wine tasting fees
- Complimentary chocolates
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch at own cost due to varying appetites
- The Port of Picton in the Queen Charlotte Sound welcomes cruise ships through-out the season. Just 25 minutes south of Picton your local chauffeur/guide takes you on a scenic journey to enjoy the famous Marlborough wines. Your personal tour offers great flexibility to combine your favourite requests with your chauffeur/guide’s recommendations of the area. Enjoy a full wine tour experience or mix with other Marlborough gourmet and local attractions.
On arrival into the Blenheim countryside of the Wairau Valley you can start tasting some sensational wines before a relaxing break for brunch, lunch or afternoon refreshment (at your own cost) applicable to your ships schedule.
A popular choice could be a light tapas platter of mouth-watering cheese, meats and seafood with matching wines at a picturesque winery spot or while you overlook the Valley views of vineyards and the surrounding landscapes.
More wine tasting could follow or try some of our local gourmet oils, liqueurs, local cheeses, garlic noir, peanut butters, Manuka honey or a refreshing gelato.
Your itinerary could vary depending on some of the options you choose on the day. Some exciting options you could consider could be a visit to an award winning garden, a visit to a renowned local artist’s personal gallery, a visit to another small artisan gallery and the opportunity to see and cuddle pet sheep. You could also choose a visit to the Omaka Air Museum to view Peter Jackson’s classic air plane displays or a helicopter ride over the Wairau Valley and Tasman Bays (subject to availability on the day).
A must stop is the Makana Boutique Chocolate Confections – a tasty treat not to be missed.
Some activities will be subject to availability on the day if not pre-booked and any entry fees may be payable to the organizer on the day.
Checking in advance on available options once your booking is confirmed would be recommended so advance bookings could be made for you.
Once back in Picton you may like to take in the breath-taking views overlooking the Port of Picton, Queen Charlotte Sound and your ship.
You will travel in a comfortable vehicle of up to eleven seats.
Please advise in advance if you require a baby or booster seat for your child and how many. These need to be booked in advance.
New Zealand transport laws require all children to use a booster seat up to the height of 147 cm in the type of vehicle that is provided for you.
Your chauffeur/guide is a local owner who has great passion for Marlborough and would look forward to sharing it with you.
Departure Point :Picton Visitors Centre where your bus shuttle will stop.We will be in the car park with a signboard with your name near the vehicles.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :At the conclusion of your tour, you will be returned to the bus shuttle stop at the Picton Visitors Centre at least two hours before your ship's departure. Your tour guide will also know the time for the last shuttle.
Small Ships (less than 1000 pax) docking at Waitohi Wharf may not have bus shuttle option and your chauffeur can drop you off at the Wharf gate - 30 seconds walk from your ship.
Alternatively we may be able to return you back directly to the ship.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cut off time for booking has been set for 4 hours prior to tour departure. Due to advance bookings being required for additional activities. However booking is flexible up to an hour prior to tour departure.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Your tour guide provides an 11 seat vehicle for these smaller private groups of 7 up to a maximum of 11.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Picton Port for your ship’s departure. In the extreme unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.